endive and salmon salad
- Preparation Time15 min
- Portions 4
- 454 g (1 lb) of endives
- 675 g (1 ½ lbs) cooked or smoked salmon
- 2 apples, cut into quarters, cores removed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) baby spinach
- 60 ml (¼ cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 60 ml (¼ cup) capers
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cut endives in half, remove tough base and separate in leaves. Place in a large bowl.
- Break the salmon into pieces. Add to endives, along with apples, onion, spinach, pine nuts, capers and chives.
- Mix olive oil with lemon juice and pepper. Pour over salad and toss well.