cream of endive soup with almonds
- Preparation Time 15 min
- Cooking Time 30 min
- Portions 4
- 454 g (1 lb) of endives
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) whole blanched almonds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 l (4 cups) chicken broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) of 15% or 35% cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut endives into quarters and remove tough base. Chop coarsely.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, endives, almonds and honey. Stirring from time to time, cook 1-2 minutes or until almonds turn a light golden brown.
- Add diced potatoes and chicken broth, then season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Process in blender until smooth. Add cream and serve hot.
Garnish with Parmesan shavings and fresh thyme, or add a few almonds to taste.