braised endives with apple and honey
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time 5 min
- Portions 4
- 454 g (1 lb) of endives
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 125 ml (½ cup) chicken broth
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh mint or parsley, chopped
- 2 apples, large-diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut endives in half and remove tough base. Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and endives, then sauté 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth and mint or parsley, then season. Add apples and honey. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side with white meat or fish.
Garnish with pistachio nuts. Replace apples with 125 ml (½ cup) of fresh grapes cut into halves, or 4 dried figs cut into quarters.