winter endive salad
- Preparation Time 20 min
- Portions 4
- 454 g (1 lb) of endives
- 4 clementines, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 apples, cut into cubes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) dried cranberries
- 125 ml (½ cup) walnuts, preferably roasted
- 125 ml (½ cup) flat parsley, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Separate endives in leaves and remove tough base from centre ones.
- In a salad bowl, combine all ingredients except lemon juice and olive oil.
- In a small bowl, emulsify lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour over salad, then season with salt and pepper.
Replace olive oil with yogurt or sour cream.